Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

tread m400 rifle

Tread M400 Rifle - We all know Sig Sauer, especially for their guns. However, their guns are a completely different animal. For a long time I let their big guns fly under my radar. That was until one of my friends asked me about the Sig Sauer M400 Tread, a pre-built AR-15 designed to introduce gun owners to the platform as well as provide an entry price. It has a big name and looks a little funky, but is it everything Sig Sauer said it would be? Read on to find out.

The Tread is a good looking gun for the most part. I'm still undecided how I feel about the handguard only having MLOK slots on the front half. The M400 is super modular so it's trivial to replace, but I think it should be included instead of separate. It also doesn't include sights out of the box, which has always been a disappointment with every company I buy from. The manual is an entry level rifle, it should be ready out of the box.

Tread M400 Rifle

Tread M400 Rifle

Good news for lefties, though: the M400 Tread is fully bi-stage with safety, clip-on magazines, and QD points on both sides of the rifle.

Sig Sauer Tread M400 With Magpul Foregrip And Lucid C3 Tac Light. I Still Haven't Taken It To The Range Yet.

I will say that the pattern is remarkably accurate right out of the box. I threw one of my red dots on it, zeroed it and started driving with glue while sitting on the couch. Stean expanded the group a bit, but shots were still easy to score.

To test longer range, I put on the LPVO and went to work. I got similar results, but it looks like my rifle shooting could use some practice at 100 yards out. I found the groups one inch and change with the exception of flyers. Including the outliers, it opens up the shot groups to 2-3 inches, which I'd say is still pretty solid.

I hesitate to say that the pattern is reliable because I am not 100% convinced. I have had a few malfunctions with some cheaper ammunition, but the higher quality brass ammunition has been good. After several hundred rounds, the M400 began to perform flawlessly regardless of the type of ammunition.

It's also worth mentioning that there is a line of accessories available expressly for the M400 Tread. It's very modular and certainly set up for people learning about AR-15s or just getting into them.

Sig Sauer M400 Tread Snakebite 5.56

The Sig Sauer M400 Tread is a pretty solid rifle. The right one can be found for less than $ 800. The only thing is that it is not particularly outstanding. It is certainly designed for someone looking for their first AR-15 for less than a grand. It's not perfect, but it's cheap, easy to learn/understand, and it works. For this price I don't know what else you want. I personally would build my own to experience it and learn better how my gun works, but it's not for everyone. And that's where the Sig Sauer M400 Tread comes in.

Richard Douglas is a long time shooter, outdoor enthusiast and technologist. He is the founder and editor of Scopes Field and a columnist at The National Interest, Cheaper Than Dirt, the Daily Caller, and other publications.

Maytronics m400, m400 transmitter, m400, leica m400, tread, verifone m400, firebox m400, m400 4, pelikan m400, vuzix m400, dolphin m400, watchguard m400

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code